Diversity and inclusion in online communication
How can your employees promote diversity & inclusion in interactions with externals, students and colleagues? And how can everyone feel included and heard even in an online learning and working environment? In this interactive training, participants will learn how to engage in inclusive online communication and collaboration.
The following sections are covered:
- What is diversity and inclusion?
- What role does inclusion play in your (online) work?
- How can you communicate and collaborate more inclusively online?
- How do you lead inclusive live online sessions?
- What can you do to promote inclusion in communication with colleagues and clients?
Upon completion of the workshop, participants will receive a certificate of participation.
You follow the live online sessions via the LOL-academy. This is the training platform of Learning Connected, where we have bundled all our knowledge about live online communication. When you follow a training or workshop with us, you will have access to the LOL-academy as a participant:
- All manuals & instructions about live online communication
- Information about the training or workshop and assignments you can work with yourself
- A calendar of upcoming sessions so you can participate quickly and easily.
- Contact information for your LOL colleagues via the Wall of Fame; this way you can connect with someone in your specialty or field to exchange ideas and tips.
What will you learn?
Organizations are paying increasing attention to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. After all, more inclusiveness leads to a more enjoyable work experience for everyone. Conscious attention to this topic is important not only for dealing with others, but also for understanding our own cultural background and its influence on our actions.
In this three-session live online training, participants will delve into what diversity and inclusion means and what they can do to communicate and collaborate inclusively. After completing the training, participants will have an understanding of what role this topic plays in their work and practical tools they can apply in their own daily practice.
Time investment & homework.
This workshop consists of:
- A test session of 0.5 hours.
- Three 1.5-hour sessions, in a group of 5 to 10 trainees with a regular trainer.
- During the sessions, you are invited to actively participate and we encourage input from your own case histories.
- In preparation for the workshop session, self-study assignments are available. The self-study consists of reading articles and/or watching videos and/or carrying out assignments. Count on about 1 hour of self-study as preparation time.
What do you need?
All meetings are conducted in a live online learning environment. You follow the sessions via your computer. We expect active participation from you as a student during the sessions. To be able to participate you need:
- A computer or laptop with a sound card.
- Preferably a working headset with microphone and a webcam. Or else a built-in microphone
- A stable internet connection, recommended is a fixed connection between the computer and the router.
- Rights to install software on the PC and to change audio settings. If you want to participate from your work location and/or with a work computer, please note that the ICT department may need to ensure that you are allowed to install the necessary software and that you can participate in the session via a connection that allows transmission of sound and images over the Internet!
After you purchase the course you will receive a confirmation email and an email with the login instructions for the live online (LOL) learning environment. In the learning environment all course material is available to which you will have unlimited access immediately. We also ask you to sign up for a test session with one of our trainers, in which you will be prepared for the first real live online session. During this test session, we will make sure that all the technology is working properly and that you are familiar with the live online classroom so you can participate in the first lesson without worry. This course will start when a minimum of 5 students have registered. If the course cannot start due to insufficient enrollment we will inform you a.s.a.p. and refund the purchase price within 30 days after cancellation.
We can organize all our trainings and workshops as an in-company course. We tailor the training as much as possible to the practice and learning needs. By means of an online intake questionnaire we map out your needs and knowledge as accurately as possible, so that we can offer you a tailor-made training.
In addition, we can also provide broader guidance on the transition from offline to online communications through consulting, helping to develop a toolbox, or tailored guidance for professionals. And so there are many more options. We are happy to think along with you.
It is possible to participate in our training on the basis of open registration (price per participant). For an in-company training a price per group applies. For the group price we charge 8 times the price per participant. For this amount, 15 people can participate in the group training. If, for organizational reasons, it is desirable to increase the group size, this can be done in consultation. In that case, separate price agreements are made.
M: [email protected]
T: +31 (0)20 244 15 62