Live Online Education at ROC Mondriaan
Learning Connected has been training and supporting teachers who teach live online for more than 10 years. At several schools of ROC Mondriaan we have trained over 80 teachers to offer online education. These teachers are trained and certified in designing and conducting didactically proper, interactive, and structured lessons.
Organizing and supervising live online education requires a lot from teachers. It's more than video calling and showing a presentation. How do you provide structure and how do you keep the students involved in the lesson? Direction, interaction, and activating teaching methods are the most important ingredients here. Live online education is an excellent alternative or supplement to classroom teaching, provided it is used and carried out in a well-considered way.
Live Online Learning (LOL) methodology
We trained the teachers of ROC Mondriaan according to our Live Online Learning (LOL) methodology. These live online knowledge and communication skills the teachers put to use:
- Offer parts of the classroom lessons live online instead of at school. This will also make it more feasible for BBL students to attend all classes in conjunction with their work;
- Offer shortened or customized training to working people who can take part of the training online and thus better combine work, school and personal life.
- Provide better and more regular guidance to distance learners;
- Provide live online tutoring to students who need extra support, including in the areas of Dutch, English and math;
- Offer electives across locations so that relatively small electives can still be taken.
These LOL teachers at ROC Mondriaan were already working 'corona-proof' before the coronavirus existed. This made the necessary translation of the curriculum to live online lessons much easier.
By teaching the teachers the necessary communication skills, ROC Mondriaan certainly has a step ahead of the competition in a future where live online education will no longer be a trend but a serious alternative or supplement to regular education.
Want to know more about this project or the live online courses we offer? Get in touch with us! We are happy to discuss the possibilities.