International online communication training
Due to the internationalization of the labor market, do you also have to deal with cultural differences more and more often? And do you sometimes find it difficult to deal positively with these differences and to build good intercultural relationships? Then this training communicating online internationally good for you and your organization! In this training you will learn, in a group with participants from different backgrounds, how you can become aware of cultural aspects in online communication and how you can deal with this constructively in the workplace.
In four live online sessions of 2 hours, you will work - under the guidance of an experienced LOL Trainer - on all aspects of international communication.
After this training, you will be able to...
- Apply cultural sensitivity within international online communication
- Build cross-cultural relationships through online communication
- Work effectively online within an international team with people from different backgrounds (regarding culture, gender, religion, etc.)
This training consists of 4 live online sessions of 2 hours. Upon completion of the training, participants will receive a certificate of participation.
You follow the live online sessions via the LOL-academy. This is the training platform of Learning Connected, where we have bundled all our knowledge about live online communication. When you follow a training or workshop with us, you will have access to the LOL-academy as a participant:
- The Live Online Learning (LOL) Community: the place to share cases and ask questions with other learners and experts. We also share useful tips, fun updates and videos!
- All manuals & instructions about live online communication
- Information about the training or workshop and assignments you can work with yourself
- A calendar of upcoming sessions so you can participate quickly and easily.
- Contact information for your LOL colleagues via the Wall of Fame; this way you can connect with someone in your specialty or field to exchange ideas and tips.
Together with 5 to 10 fellow students, you will be taught by a regular trainer at agreed times. All sessions take place live online. The following topics are covered during the individual sessions:
Session 1: Online communication
- Describing live online communication compared to face to face communication
- Recognize and apply the key principles of good online communication
Session 2: Intercultural relations
- Describing and naming intercultural relationships
- Awareness of cultural differences
Session 3: Intercultural communication
- Psychometric assessment on cross-cultural communication within your team
- Applying intercultural communication in live online communication settings
Session 4: Practicing with real-life situations
- Constructively deal with cultural aspects and differences in practical situations
Time investment & homework.
The meetings take place in the live online classroom and last 2 hours. Different dates and times are scheduled. You follow the live online session in a group of 5 to 10 fellow students and a regular trainer. We expect you to actively participate during the session and encourage you to contribute your own cases. Select your preferred date and register.
To prepare for the live online sessions, some self-study is expected from you, count on about 1 hour per live online session.
All meetings are conducted in a live online learning environment. You follow the sessions via your computer. We expect active participation from you as a student during the sessions. To be able to participate you need:
- A computer or laptop with a sound card.
- Preferably a working headset with microphone and a webcam. Or else a built-in microphone
- A stable internet connection, recommended is a fixed connection between the computer and the router.
- Rights to install software on the PC and to change audio settings. If you want to participate from your work location and/or with a work computer, please note that the ICT department may need to ensure that you are allowed to install the necessary software and that you can participate in the session via a connection that allows transmission of sound and images over the Internet!
After you purchase the course you will receive a confirmation email and an email with the login instructions for the live online (LOL) learning environment. In the learning environment all course material is available to which you will have unlimited access immediately. We also ask you to sign up for a test session with one of our trainers, in which you will be prepared for the first real live online session. During this test session, we will make sure that all the technology is working properly and that you are familiar with the live online classroom so you can participate in the first lesson without worry. This course will start when a minimum of 5 students have registered. If the course cannot start due to insufficient enrollment we will inform you a.s.a.p. and refund the purchase price within 30 days after cancellation.
We can organize all our trainings and workshops as an in-company course. We tailor the training as much as possible to the practice and learning needs. By means of an online intake questionnaire we map out your needs and knowledge as accurately as possible, so that we can offer you a tailor-made training. In addition, we can also offer broader guidance in the transition from offline to online communication through consultancy, helping to develop a toolbox or custom guidance for professionals. And so there are many more options. We are happy to think along with you. It is possible to participate in our training on the basis of open registration (price per participant). For an in-company training a price per group applies. For the group price we charge 8 times the price per participant. For this amount, 15 people can participate in the group training. If for organizational reasons it is desirable to increase the group size, this can be done in consultation. In that case separate price agreements will be made. M: firstname.lastname@example.org T: +31 (0)20 244 15 62