Hybrid Teaching Training
Hybrid teaching is considered one of the most important educational innovations. But, what exactly does hybrid teaching mean? What things does it involve? And more importantly; how do you use it effectively for your teaching? You will learn in this training.
The following topics are covered:
- What is hybrid teaching?
- The pros and cons of hybrid teaching
- The technical aspects of hybrid teaching
- Structuring a hybrid lesson
- Interaction during a hybrid lesson
- How do you present yourself in the (online) classroom?
This course consists of 2 live online sessions of 1.5 hours and upon completion of the training, participants will receive a certificate of participation.
This training is suitable for both primary and secondary schools as well as MBO, HBO and WO. We adjust the content of the training to this.
You follow the live online sessions via the LOL-academy. This is the training platform of Learning Connected, where we have bundled all our knowledge about live online communication. When you follow a training or workshop with us, you will have access to the LOL-academy as a participant:
- The Live Online Learning (LOL) Community: the place to share cases and ask questions with other learners and experts. We also share useful tips, fun updates and videos!
- All manuals & instructions about live online communication
- Information about the training or workshop and assignments you can work with yourself
- A calendar of upcoming sessions so you can participate quickly and easily.
- Contact information for your LOL colleagues via the Wall of Fame; this way you can connect with someone in your specialty or field to exchange ideas and tips.
What will you learn?
Hybrid teaching, in which some of the students take the class online and others are physically present in the classroom, is growing in popularity. But like any form of education, hybrid teaching has advantages and disadvantages. It is new and complicated for many teachers and requires good content and technical preparation.
In this live online training, participants will work on preparing and conducting a hybrid lesson. How do you divide attention between students online and on-site? How do you keep the attention of all students? And - very practically - what technical resources are needed to ensure that everyone can see, hear and interact with each other? In short: how does hybrid teaching become a pleasant way of working for both students and teachers? That's what participants will learn in this live online training.
Time investment & homework.
The two meetings take place in the live online classroom and last 1.5 hours. Different dates and times are scheduled. You will attend the live online session in a group of 5 to 10 fellow students and a regular trainer. We expect active participation from you during the session and encourage input of your own case histories. Select your preferred date and register.
To prepare for the live online sessions, some self-study is expected from you, count on about 1 hour per live online session.
What do you need?
All meetings are conducted in a live online learning environment. You follow the sessions via your computer. We expect active participation from you as a student during the sessions. To be able to participate you need:
- A computer or laptop with a sound card.
- Preferably a working headset with microphone and a webcam. Or else a built-in microphone
- A stable internet connection, recommended is a fixed connection between the computer and the router.
- Rights to install software on the PC and to change audio settings. If you want to participate from your work location and/or with a work computer, please note that the ICT department may need to ensure that you are allowed to install the necessary software and that you can participate in the session via a connection that allows transmission of sound and images over the Internet!
After you purchase the course you will receive a confirmation email and an email with the login instructions for the live online (LOL) learning environment. In the learning environment all course material is available to which you will have unlimited access immediately. We also ask you to sign up for a test session with one of our trainers, in which you will be prepared for the first real live online session. During this test session, we will make sure that all the technology is working properly and that you are familiar with the live online classroom so you can participate in the first lesson without worry. This course will start when a minimum of 5 students have registered. If the course cannot start due to insufficient enrollment we will inform you a.s.a.p. and refund the purchase price within 30 days after cancellation.
We can organize all our trainings and workshops as an in-company course. We tailor the training as much as possible to the practice and learning needs. By means of an online intake questionnaire we map out your needs and knowledge as accurately as possible, so that we can offer you a tailor-made training.
In addition, we can also provide broader guidance on the transition from offline to online communications through consulting, helping to develop a toolbox, or tailored guidance for professionals. And so there are many more options. We are happy to think along with you.
It is possible to participate in our training on the basis of open registration (price per participant). For an in-company training a price per group applies. For the group price we charge 8 times the price per participant. For this amount, 15 people can participate in the group training. If, for organizational reasons, it is desirable to increase the group size, this can be done in consultation. In that case, separate price agreements are made.
T: +31 (0)20 244 15 62
There are no reviews yet.