Training support for live online sessions in Zoom
Do you support colleagues internally in setting up, scheduling and running live online sessions in Zoom, such as classes or meetings? And do you sometimes find it difficult to find your way around within the video conferencing tool? In this training course, we will help you to feel comfortable within Zoom and you will learn how to properly support colleagues when setting up, scheduling and conducting live online sessions in Zoom.
After this training, you will be able to...
- Finding your way around Zoom
- Schedule a session, invite participants, and start the session
- Recognize the difference in participation via the mobile application or the laptop
- Recognize and solve most common technical problems
This training 'Support for live online sessions in Zoom' consists of 2 live online sessions of 2 hours and at the end of the training you will receive a certificate of participation.
You follow the live online sessions via the LOL-academy. This is the training platform of Learning Connected, where we have bundled all our knowledge about live online communication. When you follow a training or workshop with us, you will have access to the LOL-academy as a participant:
- All manuals & instructions about live online communication
- Information about the training or workshop and assignments you can work with yourself
- A calendar of upcoming sessions so you can participate quickly and easily.
- Contact information for your LOL colleagues via the Wall of Fame; this way you can connect with someone in your specialty or field to exchange ideas and tips.
Session 1: Tools and functionalities in Zoom
- Recognize and apply the key functionalities of Zoom
- Set up and schedule a live online session in Zoom
Session 2: Implementation in practice
- Conduct a live online session in Zoom
- Solving questions and technical problems regarding internet connection, audio and video
Time investment & homework.
The meetings take place in the live online classroom and last 2 hours. Different dates and times are scheduled. You follow the live online session in a group of 5 to 10 fellow students and a regular trainer. We expect you to actively participate during the session and encourage you to contribute your own cases. Select your preferred date and register.
To prepare for the live online sessions, some self-study is expected from you, count on about 1 hour per live online session.
What do you need?
All meetings are conducted in a live online learning environment. You follow the sessions via your computer. We expect active participation from you as a student during the sessions. To be able to participate you need:
- A computer or laptop with a sound card.
- Preferably a working headset with microphone and a webcam. Or else a built-in microphone
- A stable internet connection, recommended is a fixed connection between the computer and the router.
- Rights to install software on the PC and to change audio settings. If you want to participate from your work location and/or with a work computer, please note that the ICT department may need to ensure that you are allowed to install the necessary software and that you can participate in the session via a connection that allows transmission of sound and images over the Internet!
After you purchase the course you will receive a confirmation email and an email with the login instructions for the live online (LOL) learning environment. In the learning environment all course material is available to which you will have unlimited access immediately. We also ask you to sign up for a test session with one of our trainers, in which you will be prepared for the first real live online session. During this test session, we will make sure that all the technology is working properly and that you are familiar with the live online classroom so you can participate in the first lesson without worry. This course will start when a minimum of 5 students have registered. If the course cannot start due to insufficient enrollment we will inform you a.s.a.p. and refund the purchase price within 30 days after cancellation.
Meet our trainers! Hester, Birgit, Sophie and Maret are certified LOL trainers and have years of experience with live online communication. They guide you during the trainings and workshops and are available between sessions (or after a session) if you have any questions.