Live online teaching with Cisco Webex
Most educational institutions have now deployed various programs to (partially) remote education offer. Webex is currently often used for online classes and to provide pupils and students with self-study materials, assignments and video instructions. Live online contact remains difficult for many teachers, especially with larger groups. What technical and interactive possibilities does Cisco Webex offer? And how do you use them to deliver structured, interactive and effective lessons? Learn it in our basic course Live Online Teaching with Cisco Webex.
The following topics are covered:
- Online communication capabilities from Cisco Webex
- The attitude and presentation as a teacher
- Preparing a content effective live online lesson
- Maintain structure and direction in a live online class
- Technical and interactive features in a live online class
- Interaction and activating forms of work in (large) groups
This course consists of 3 live online sessions of 2 hours and upon completion of the training, participants will receive a certificate of participation.
This training is suitable for both primary and secondary schools as well as MBO, HBO and WO. We adjust the content of the training to this.
You follow the live online sessions via the LOL-academy. This is the training platform of Learning Connected, where we have bundled all our knowledge about live online communication. When you follow a training or workshop with us, you will have access to the LOL-academy as a participant:
- The Live Online Learning (LOL) Community: the place to share cases and ask questions with other learners and experts. We also share useful tips, fun updates and videos!
- All manuals & instructions about live online communication
- Information about the training or workshop and assignments you can work with yourself
- A calendar of upcoming sessions so you can participate quickly and easily.
- Contact information for your LOL colleagues via the Wall of Fame; this way you can connect with someone in your specialty or field to exchange ideas and tips.
Together with 5 to 10 fellow students, you will receive training from a regular trainer at agreed times. All training sessions take place live online. The following topics are covered during the individual sessions:
Session 1: Opportunities in the live online treatment space.
Live online learning and its key principles
The main functionalities in the online treatment room and how to apply them
Prepare session materials
Independently start a session
Session 2: Interaction, structure and safety.
- Key ingredients of live online treatment: head, torso and tail
- Devise and implement interactive forms of work using clear instructions
- Recognize and name aspects that contribute to a safe online treatment environment
- Designing live online treatment in detail
Session 3: Practice
- Devise solutions to technical questions in real-world situations
- Independently design a session
- Independently prepare and set up session materials
- Independently schedule and execute a session
You learn the most by practicing and doing it yourself. Therefore, make the workshop extra instructive by choosing a variant with a training actor. A training actor takes the role of your patient so you can practice difficult conversation situations in a safe environment. Click on 'Practice with a training actor' in the tabs for more information.
Time investment & homework.
The meetings take place in the live online classroom and last 2 hours. Different dates and times are scheduled. You follow the live online session in a group of 5 to 10 fellow students and a regular trainer. We expect you to actively participate during the session and encourage you to contribute your own cases. Select your preferred date and register.
To prepare for the live online sessions, some self-study is expected from you, count on about 1 hour per live online session.
You learn the most by practicing and doing it yourself. Make the training extra instructive by choosing a variant with a training actor. A training actor puts himself in the role of your client or patient so you can practice difficult conversation situations in a safe environment.
Ben de Winter is a training actor and has also worked for years as a psychiatric nurse in the mental healthcare sector. He therefore knows better than anyone what you as a doctor or clinician have to deal with.
During a role play, you practice with conversation situations that you find difficult. This may sound exciting, but Ben provides a safe and pleasant atmosphere in which you feel comfortable to practice. After the role-play there is an interview in which Ben gives relevant feedback based on his experience and expertise. He is able to empathize with the different roles, allowing him to give feedback from both the patient/client position and the care provider position.
Depression, personality disorder, psychosis, manic disinhibition or aggression? Interpreting psychopathological behavior is right up Ben's alley. Ben can also be called upon for other conversational situations. For example, guiding patients and clients online requires different skills. How do you respond to someone who is sad during a video call, how do you convey bad news or how do you react to aggression? In short, all difficult conversation situations can be practiced in a role play!
What do you need?
All meetings are conducted in a live online learning environment. You follow the sessions via your computer. We expect active participation from you as a student during the sessions. To be able to participate you need:
- A computer or laptop with a sound card.
- Preferably a working headset with microphone and a webcam. Or else a built-in microphone
- A stable internet connection, recommended is a fixed connection between the computer and the router.
- Rights to install software on the PC and to change audio settings. If you want to participate from your work location and/or with a work computer, please note that the ICT department may need to ensure that you are allowed to install the necessary software and that you can participate in the session via a connection that allows transmission of sound and images over the Internet!
After you purchase the course you will receive a confirmation email and an email with the login instructions for the live online (LOL) learning environment. In the learning environment all course material is available to which you will have unlimited access immediately. We also ask you to sign up for a test session with one of our trainers, in which you will be prepared for the first real live online session. During this test session, we will make sure that all the technology is working properly and that you are familiar with the live online classroom so you can participate in the first lesson without worry. This course will start when a minimum of 5 students have registered. If the course cannot start due to insufficient enrollment we will inform you a.s.a.p. and refund the purchase price within 30 days after cancellation.
We can organize all our trainings and workshops as an in-company course. We tailor the training as much as possible to the practice and learning needs. By means of an online intake questionnaire we map out your needs and knowledge as accurately as possible, so that we can offer you a tailor-made training.
In addition, we can also provide broader guidance on the transition from offline to online communications through consulting, helping to develop a toolbox, or tailored guidance for professionals. And so there are many more options. We are happy to think along with you.
It is possible to participate in our training on the basis of open registration (price per participant). For an in-company training a price per group applies. For the group price we charge 8 times the price per participant. For this amount, 15 people can participate in the group training. If, for organizational reasons, it is desirable to increase the group size, this can be done in consultation. In that case, separate price agreements are made.
T: +31 (0)20 244 15 62